Join Beyond Attica Coalition for a Rally Outside the Governor’s NYC Office – Facebook Event
Next week marks the 45th anniversary of the Rebellion at Attica Prison.
Tell Governor Cuomo to Close Attica Now!
Invited speakers include:
- Carlos Roche, formerly imprisoned at Attica and participant in 1971 prisoner rebellion
- Attorney Lamis Deek, who represents Ahmed Ferhani, recently imprisoned at Attica
- Tyrrell Muhammad, formerly imprisoned at Attica and representing Correctional Association of New York
- Heather Ann Thompson, author of acclaimed new book “Blood in the Water: The Attica Prison Uprising of 1971 and Its Legacy”
Current rally endorsers include:
Black Lives Matter – NYC Chapter
California Prison Moratorium Project
Campaign for Alternatives to Isolated Confinement (CAIC)
Campaign to End the New Jim Crow
Center for Constitutional Rights
Correctional Association of New York
Critical Resistance NYC
Desis Rising Up and Moving (DRUM)
HOLLA! – How Our Lives Link Altogether
The Incarcerated Nation Corp.
Jails Action Coalition
LIFE Progressive Services Group Inc
Malcolm X Grassroots Movement – NY
Milk Not Jails
National Lawyers Guild – Executive Committee
National Lawyers Guild – New York City Chapter
Release Aging People in Prison
Voices Of Community Activists & Leaders (VOCAL-NY)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign on
The platform of Beyond Attica: Close Prisons, Build Communities
- Close Attica Now!
- End Violence & Abuse across All NY Prisons
- Decarcerate NY by reducing the number prisons and people in prison
- Reconstruct NY by diverting resources away from caging people and toward helping communities thrive